The latest episode of the EMEA Recruitment podcast welcomes Robert Wispelweij as their latest guest.
Robert Wispelweij is Head of Workforce Management, Tournaments and Events from FIFA in Switzerland.
Using his 15+ years experience, he covers how HR leaders can drive HR to be the best strategic business partner, why you should take advantage of extra-curricular activities early in your life and career and also which football player would be his first choice as a podcast interviewee
Listen to the full episode here:
- An overview of Robert's role within FIFA and where his role sits within the organisation: 1m55
- The amount of work that goes into projects of the size of the World Cup and other tournaments: 4m52
- The common traits of people who are successful in the events industry and how you attract and retain those people: 6m59
- How they are retaining staff for 20-30 years who are still passionate and why their HR process is being more flexible: 9m58
- Robert's approach to achieving success and how he's dealt with challenges along the way: 11m16
- How HR leaders can drive HR to be the best strategic business partner: 15m07
- The biggest challenge for HR with the developments in AI and BI: 17m20
- Using AI for recruitment: 21m48
- How Robert found his first role in the football industry at UEFA adn the advice he would give to people starting their first role: 23m41
- The advice Robert would give his teenage self: 27m00
- The highlight of Robert's career so far: 30m59
- Who Robert's dream podcast guest is: 33m09
The EMEA Recruitment Podcast with Paul Toms and Jenny Callum will take you through every aspect of recruitment. Looking at both sides of the process, Paul and Jenny will be offering career-changing advice to the job-seeker and essential exposure to recruitment ‘best practice’ for the hiring employer, giving each party an insight and understanding into the perspective of the other.
This podcast is brought to you by EMEA - At EMEA Recruitment we are specialists in Finance, BI & Data, HR, Procurement, Supply Chain and Operations Recruitment at Middle-Management to Executive levels across Switzerland, The Netherlands and the wider EMEA & US region. With offices in Zug, Amsterdam and Nottingham our consultants are well networked and can offer knowledgeable advice within these regions.
If you want to reach out to Robert, you can connect with him through LinkedIn on https://www.linkedin.com/in/robert-wispelweij/
The podcast is hosted by founder of EMEA; Paul Toms and Executive Recruiter and Recruitment Marketing Specialist; Jenny Callum.
To find out more about EMEA recruitment visit https://emearecruitment.eu/, follow EMEA Recruitment on LinkedIn or connect with Paul on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomsemea/ or Jenny at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jennycallumemea/.