This episode of the EMEA Recruitment podcast welcomes Alpana Banerjee as their latest guest.
Alpana Banerjee is SVP, Chief HR Officer at Kuoni Tumlare.
In this episode, she covers her career progress from her degree in textile chemistry to now leading an HR function across 34 countries, how she would like to see HR take responsibility for business results along with the rest of the business and she also issues a challenge to other HR leaders to have a team that's as good as hers!
Listen to the full episode here:
- The route into HR from a degree with a major in textile chemistry and a minor in ancient indian embroidery: 1m34
- Her favourite country to visit for both business and pleasure and why: 5m37
- Why the energy in Asia is different to the rest of the world: 6m05
- Tips for handling global travel as part of a job role: 6m44
- How the role of HR has changed over the years and how Alpana thinks it will change in the future: 7m40
- The biggest challenges she has noticed for Kuoni in terms of recruitment and retention globally: 9m28
- The key technique for hiring the right candidates for roles: 12m13
- Putting candidates at ease to see their personality: 13m33
- What they've implemented at Kuoni to drive employee engagement: 14m08
- Alpana's team is the best in the world and she challenges HR team leaders to have a team as good as hers: 16m38
- Current projects that they are working on that support different areas of the employee lifecycle: 16m58
- The best way for people to keep up to date with developments in HR and business: 17m54
- Her main inspiration in her life and why: 19m59
- Her dream vacation spot if money was no object and why: 22m15
- What she loves about India: 22m44
- Whether she still uses her textile talents today: 22m59
The EMEA Recruitment Podcast with Paul Toms and Jenny Callum will take you through every aspect of recruitment. Looking at both sides of the process, Paul and Jenny will be offering career-changing advice to the job-seeker and essential exposure to recruitment ‘best practice’ for the hiring employer, giving each party an insight and understanding into the perspective of the other.
This podcast is brought to you by EMEA - At EMEA Recruitment we are specialists in Finance, BI & Data, HR, Procurement, Supply Chain and Operations Recruitment at Middle-Management to Executive levels across Switzerland, The Netherlands and the wider EMEA & US region. With offices in Zug, Amsterdam and Nottingham our consultants are well networked and can offer knowledgeable advice within these regions.
If you want to reach out to Alpana, you can connect with her through LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/alpana-banerjee-3482814/
The podcast is hosted by founder of EMEA; Paul Toms and Executive Recruiter and Recruitment Marketing Specialist; Jenny Callum.
To find out more about EMEA recruitment visit https://emearecruitment.eu/, follow EMEA Recruitment on LinkedIn or connect with Paul on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomsemea/ or Jenny at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jennycallumemea/.