This episode of the EMEA Recruitment podcast welcomes Christina Moreno as their latest guest.
Christina Moreno is founder and CEO of She Matters in The Netherlands, a social enterprise recruitment agency with a mission to empower refugee and migrant women to enter the labour market.
In this episode, she covers her journey from international lawyer to founding She Matters, her motivation for establishing the business and why it focuses on women and also her perception of good work/life balance.
Listen to the full episode here:
- How She Matters works as an organisation: 1m19
- The difficulty of starting in a new country as an expat let alone as a refugee or migrant: 3m33
- Why the focus of She Matters as an organisation is on women rather than everyone: 4m09
- Christina's lived experience, personal background and why she does what she does: 5m05
- Why She Matters resonates personally with Christina: 7m06
- Why Christina meets every woman who goes through the She Matters programme and makes sure they know why she does this: 7m42
- The challenges Christina faced when she moved to The Netherlands: 8m38
- Why The Netherlands has been a great country to start She Matters in: 10m03
- What has influenced Christina to motivate her to do this work: 10m57
- Her main achievement so far: 12m23
- A story from the beginning of She Matters: 13m53
- The pivotal moment of seeing that She Matters would work: 16m22
- The key to having a good work/life balance: 16m56
- Her remaining ambitions both personally and professionally: 18m26
- How to get in touch with Christina if you want to get involved with She Matters: 20m21
The EMEA Recruitment Podcast with Paul Toms and Jenny Callum will take you through every aspect of recruitment. Looking at both sides of the process, Paul and Jenny will be offering career-changing advice to the job-seeker and essential exposure to recruitment ‘best practice’ for the hiring employer, giving each party an insight and understanding into the perspective of the other.
This podcast is brought to you by EMEA - At EMEA Recruitment we are specialists in Finance, BI & Data, HR, Procurement, Supply Chain and Operations Recruitment at Middle-Management to Executive levels across Switzerland, The Netherlands and the wider EMEA & US region. With offices in Zug, Amsterdam and Nottingham our consultants are well networked and can offer knowledgeable advice within these regions.
If you want to reach out to Christina about getting involved with She Matters, you can connect with her via email at email@example.com
The podcast is hosted by founder of EMEA; Paul Toms and Executive Recruiter and Recruitment Marketing Specialist; Jenny Callum.
To find out more about EMEA recruitment visit https://emearecruitment.eu/, follow EMEA Recruitment on LinkedIn or connect with Paul on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomsemea/ or Jenny at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jennycallumemea/.