This episode of the EMEA Recruitment podcast welcomes Amy Edmondson as their latest guest.
Amy Edmondson is the author of "The Fearless Organization" and Novartis Professor of Leadership and Management at Harvard Business School. Amy Edmondson won the 2017 Thinkers50 Talent award and is best known for her pioneering work on teaming, innovation and psychological safety.
In this episode, she covers her latest book, "The Fearless Organization", looking at creating psychological safety in the workplace for learning, innovation and growth, a pivotal moment in her career when she wrote to her hero, Buckminster Fuller, and ultimately secured a role within his business and her guide to creating cultures where knowledge and innovation flourish as a result of people feeling safe to contribute their ideas.
Listen to the full episode here:
- An overview of her new book "The Fearless Organization" and who would get the most from it: 2m15
- What inspired Amy to create this book: 4m22
- Why other multinational organisations need to follow Google's lead with this approach: 6m30
- How do you deal with the argument that a small or medium sized enterprise doesn't have the budget to implement these ideas: 8m08
- Why you won't get the best out of your employees if you don't give them a voice and an opinion: 10m13
- The audience for the book is quite varied from individual consultants to managers of multinationals: 11m22
- The highlight of Amy's career and why: 12m10
- The benefit of reaching out to people for mentorship without the expectation of a result: 15m41
- How the cost of a stamp and a letter is the foundation of her career: 16m52
- The biggest challenge in her career so far and what she learned about herself as a result of this: 17m43
- How mentoring drives her forward in her career: 22m27
- How hiring the right people leads to a great business: 23m39
- How Pixar is a success story of a fearless organisation: 25m03
- What Amy does in her spare time and how she makes time for herself: 28m08
- Her dream podcast guests and why: 31m00
The EMEA Recruitment Podcast with Paul Toms and Jenny Callum will take you through every aspect of recruitment. Looking at both sides of the process, Paul and Jenny will be offering career-changing advice to the job-seeker and essential exposure to recruitment ‘best practice’ for the hiring employer, giving each party an insight and understanding into the perspective of the other.
This podcast is brought to you by EMEA - At EMEA Recruitment we are specialists in Finance, BI & Data, HR, Procurement, Supply Chain and Operations Recruitment at Middle-Management to Executive levels across Switzerland, The Netherlands and the wider EMEA & US region. With offices in Zug, Amsterdam and Nottingham our consultants are well networked and can offer knowledgeable advice within these regions.
If you want to reach out to Amy, you can connect with her through her Harvard Business School page at https://www.hbs.edu/faculty/Pages/profile.aspx?facId=6451
The podcast is hosted by founder of EMEA; Paul Toms and Executive Recruiter and Recruitment Marketing Specialist; Jenny Callum.
To find out more about EMEA recruitment visit https://emearecruitment.eu/, follow EMEA Recruitment on LinkedIn or connect with Paul on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomsemea/ or Jenny at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jennycallumemea/.